About the job
Location: Our HQ is in South Melbourne, but we’re open to remote team members from anywhere in Australia.
Bond is a dynamic commerce and membership engagement platform designed to foster growth and collaboration in member-based organisations. As software developers at heart, we create a wide range of products to support our clients’ digital transformations using our innovative technology. We’re also heavily design-focused, crafting websites, apps, and custom software solutions in the digital space.
What We’re Looking For
We are seeking a talented and experienced Full Stack Developer with a minimum of 5 years of experience in React and React Native, as well as a strong understanding of AWS (Amazon Web Services). The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of building high-quality, scalable, and user-friendly web and mobile applications using modern technologies.
You should be a team player with excellent organisational and communication skills, and a tech enthusiast who simply loves creating awesome products.
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a new global platform while also strengthening our existing dev teams working on our growing product suite.
Full Stack Developer Responsibilities:
As a full-stack developer, you’ll be working closely with product managers, software developers, and co-founders on tasks such as:
- Developing web and mobile apps from UX + UI designs for client and in-house projects
- Producing apps, software products, and in-house client marketing projects
- Learning the Bond technology platform and gaining new skills
- Other development duties as required
As you grow in your role, you’ll take on additional responsibilities like:
- Develop and maintain web and mobile applications using React (Remix) and React Native (Expo) frameworks.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Implement responsive designs with a keen eye for detail using CSS, SCSS, and Tailwind CSS.
- Ensure code quality through code reviews, unit testing, and best practices for software development.
- Utilize server-side rendering (SSR) techniques to optimize performance and improve the user experience.
- Integrate APIs and third-party services to enhance application functionality.
- Work with version control systems, particularly Git, to manage code repositories and collaborate with other developers effectively.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, technologies, and best practices to continuously improve the development process.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues across the stack, providing timely resolutions and maintaining application stability.
Key experience we need:
- Extensive experience in developing web and mobile applications using React and React Native.
- Strong proficiency in HTML, CSS, SCSS, and Tailwind CSS for creating visually appealing and responsive UI.
- Solid understanding of AWS services, such as Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, S3, and EC2, to develop and deploy applications.
- Strong SQL knowledge required, Must be able to write complex data queries.
- Proficiency in Git and for version control and collaborative development.
- Experience with integrating APIs.
- Knowledge of design tools like Figma for implementing UI/UX specifications accurately is desirable.
- Familiarity with backend technologies, such as Node.js or Express is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills to identify and resolve technical issues.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
As a member of Bond, you’ll join a family-friendly team that values flexibility, ensuring their staff have a healthy work-life balance. We have beautiful offices in the heart of South Melbourne, but you’ll have the flexibility to work from home, or wherever you feel comfortable.
If you’ve read this ad to the end and are seriously considering this role, you’ll need to include the code word Cupcake in your cover letter.
Sound like you? Apply today with your resume and cover letter including why you should be considered for this role.