About the job
Location: Our HQ is in South Melbourne, but we’re open to remote team members from anywhere in Australia.
Bond is a dynamic commerce and membership engagement platform that fosters growth and collaboration in member-based organisations. As software developers at heart, we create a wide range of products to support our client’s digital transformations using our innovative technology. We’re also heavily design-focused, crafting websites, apps, and custom software solutions in the digital space.
What We’re Looking For
We seek a highly skilled UI/UX Developer to join our creative team. The ideal candidate will have expertise in CSS, SCSS, Tailwind, React, and Figma, with a passion for crafting intuitive and visually appealing user interfaces. If you have a strong UI/UX development background and a keen eye for detail, we want to hear from you!
You should be a team player with excellent organisational and communication skills and a tech enthusiast who loves creating awesome products.
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a new global platform while strengthening our existing dev teams working on our growing product suite.
UI/UX Developer Responsibilities:
As a UI/UX developer, you’ll be working closely with product managers, software developers, and co-founders on tasks such as:
- Collaborate with the creative team, project managers, and clients to understand project goals, requirements, and target audience.
- Utilize Figma to create wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs that adhere to best practices for usability and accessibility.
- Implement designs using CSS, SCSS, and Tailwind to develop reusable web components, ensuring optimal user experience across different devices and screen sizes.
- Leverage React to build robust and efficient components, handling state management and API integration.
- Conduct comprehensive testing to ensure design integrity, compatibility, and performance across various browsers and devices.
- Stay up to date with the latest design trends, web technologies, and industry best practices, incorporating them into your work to enhance user experiences.
- Provide guidance and support to team members, fostering a collaborative and creative environment focused on UI/UX excellence.
As you grow in your role, you’ll take on additional responsibilities like:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to seamlessly integrate UI/UX designs into web development projects.
- Assist in the optimization of web applications for speed and performance.
- Collaborate with backend developers to ensure smooth integration of front-end components.
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to maintain code quality standards.
- Stay informed about emerging technologies and industry trends relevant to UI/UX development.
Key experience we need:
- Proven experience as a UI/UX Developer, showcasing a strong web design and development portfolio.
- Proficiency in CSS, SCSS, Tailwind, and React, with a deep understanding of responsive design principles and cross-browser compatibility.
- Experience using Figma to create wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs.
- Strong command of React, including building reusable components.
- Familiarity with version control systems, such as Git, and collaborative design and development workflows.
- Solid understanding of user-centred design principles and best practices for usability and accessibility.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and clients.
- Attention to detail, focusing on delivering high-quality work within given timelines.
- Adaptability to changing project requirements and priorities in a dynamic environment.
As a member of Bond, you’ll join a family-friendly team that values flexibility, ensuring their staff have a healthy work-life balance. We have brand-new offices in the heart of South Melbourne, but you’ll have the flexibility to work from home or wherever you feel comfortable.
If you’ve read this ad to the end and are seriously considering this role, you’ll need to include the code word Banana in your cover letter.
Sound like you? Apply today with your resume and cover letter, including why you should be considered for this role.